The system requires energy from either one of these 3 sources. You choose which source is provided with your shade: either a Battery tube or a Wall adapter. The power supply for hardwiring is sold separately (link below):
The HIDDEN battery pack holds 8 or 10 D-size batteries (common, inexpensive) that will provide up to 2-3 years of usage under normal situations. The 10 battery option provides 50% more battery life because of the higher voltage. The tube fits behind the valance so it is not seen, and attaches to the left bracket, as well as being supported by the mid-bracket (installed ~18 inches from left bracket).
Changing batteries is simple:
- Open the valance by pulling the lower side downward, slightly rotating the valance, and lifting upward
- Untwist the battery tube, and lift and remove the whole tube
- Unhook the cap, and replace the 8 or 10 batteries, ensuring they are loaded in the same direction with the 'pip' end toward the cap.
- Reattach the cap, lift into place on the bracket and mid-bracket, and push toward the left while twisting. The tube will lock into place.
- Replace the valance by placing the top edge on top of the end brackets, rotating the valance inward, and pushing toward the widow until an audible 'click' is heard
The Battery Pack option is NOT available if you choose "No-valance" as the valance is necessary to hide the battery pack.
A Plug In Wall Adapter fits into a standard 120 V US electrical outlet and will provide energy for your shade for many years. 10 ft of cord is available from the Adapter to reach the left bracket of the shade. Either locate the cord through the inside of the bracket in back of where the shade will be, or locate the cord on the outside of the bracket. Either way, the end of the cord fits into the socket inside the bracket. We recommend securing the cord with tape or fasteners to prevent interference with the shade. Excess cord can be wrapped up inside the bracket around tabs on the surface of the bracket. Longer or shorter power cords are available, as well as in white color, for a small surcharge.
Hard wiring - never worry about power to your shades again. We will provide wire leads on the left bracket to connect to 12VDC power supply. Simply state you want this option in "Note to seller" in your cart. See power supply requirements (12VDC), wiring instructions and specifications below.
12VDC Power supply options from Leviosa Shades:
- 3 different power supply boxes for either 4 shades, 9 shades, or 18 individual shades
- Input standard 120VAC. Output: 12V DC – 5/10/20 amp Supply Current
- An electrical cord (3 ft length) is included to connect the Power Supply to a normal wall outlet.
- Multiple Outputs (4/9/18 channel) powering multiple shades - 2 wire connections (+ and -) for each shade
- DC regulated, over current and voltage protected
- Individual LED indicator for each out put, every channel is protected with fuses
- Easy to install, can be mounted to any surface, plugged and up in seconds
Electrical Box Sizes:
- 4 shades: 6.5 × 6.4 × 1.8 inches
- 9 shades: 10.1 x 8.5 x 2.5 inches
- 18 shades: 13 x 9 x 3 inches